It’s hard to believe that another field season has come and gone! This season wrapped up in May and June with fantastic returning courses and a brand new teachers’ institute. Groups enjoyed hikes through the rainforest, family homestays in Maya communities, evening adventures at the Belize Zoo, tasting tours of the Spice Farm, snorkeling in Belize’s beautiful waters, and so much more.
May Field Courses
• “Biology” led by Instructor Sara Ash from University of Cumberlands, Kentucky.
• Tropical Biology” led by Instructor Paul Pickhardt of Lakeland College, Wisconsin.
• “Field Study in Belize” led by Instructors Jon Evans and Jordan Casey of Sewanee: University of the South, Tennessee.
June Field Courses
• “Tropical Biology” led by Instructors Maarten Vonhof and Michael Buchalski of Western Michigan University.
• “Teacher’s Institute in Belize” led by Instructors Mary Risner and Mandy Monroe of University of Florida, Center for Latin American Studies and BFREE.