Volunteer & Internship Opportunities
US for BFREE interns and volunteers report to the Director of Organizational Development and will be involved in a variety of duties depending on their interests and skills. Currently we are searching for interns/ volunteers to assist with marketing, graphic design, social media, and upcoming fundraisers. Interns work out of the Gainesville office located near the UF campus and from home.
Current Volunteer & Intern positions available:
• Research grant opportunities to determine eligibility and appropriateness
• Assist in submission of grants
• Participate on the grantwriting committee
• Assist in creating reports for existing grants
• Identify marketing opportunities in publications, on-line, in classrooms and community organizations, and at related conferences
• Assist in the design and creation of marketing materials, such as brochures, promotional products, banners and fliers
• Compile and organize media list(s) for targeted markets in the U.S. and Belize
• Maintain membership database
• Assist with annual membership mailings
• Maintain database of potential and past corporate and private sponsors
• Pursue sponsorship opportunities
• Catalog BFREE documents.
• Manage BFREE social media; Twitter & Facebook
• Assist in BFREE mailing
• General office tasks as assigned
Internships at US for BFREE are unpaid, but include extensive opportunities for technical and professional skill-building and portfolio development. Interns may have the opportunity to represent BFREE at local and regional conferences, and in Florida high schools and universities.
The internship is available immediately and requires a minimum commitment of ten hours per week for ten weeks.
Applicants are required to submit their current resume and a cover letter detailing their relevant experience and their particular area(s) of interest while working with US for BFREE.
Applications and inquiries should be e-mailed to Heather Barrett, Director of Organizational Development, at email@example.com.